Wednesday 30 December 2009

Life Is Like A Butterfly

I just realised, I've never told you about Cheltenhams illustrious career as a star of a sitcom. Well, maybe more short lived than illustrious! Back in the late 70's and early 80's the TV program Butterflies was filmed in and around Cheltenham. It was about a woman who wanted to change her life but didn't quite manage it. I only ever watched about half an episode. Once I'd seen the Prom, the Municipal Offices and Hatherley Park I'd had enough! Why watch it on telly when you can see it in real life?!

8 comments:

magiceye said...

must be quite a big installation!

Janet said...

Love the butterfly decoration!

Tash said...

The photo is magical!

I LOVED that sitcom - cannot remember anything about town but I do recall the street and the house with the stairway. Wasn't the husband a dentist or something. The one I liked even more was about the couple that decided to live the rustic life in the suburbs. Their relationship was so sweet & loving. They used to play all the good '80 British sitcoms on PBS which got most of it's material from BBC - To the Manor Born. You may appreciate it more now that you are a bit older or maybe it's for the other half of the TV audiance.

Tash said...

PS - do you read Martha Grimes' Richard Jury mysteries (I listen to them on CD). She is an American writer but it's all set in UK, I love the eccentric sidekick characters from Long Piddleton. Sort of sit-comish.

Virginia said...

Well I"m looking to change my life too! :)
That is a lovely photo Marl. Good one. BTW, I posted tomorrow's blog early by mistake. What's new. Thanks for your early comment.
V

Gunn said...

SUPERB! ;-)

Hilda said...

Pretty! And the chandelier looks stunning too!

buy wow account said...

WoW! That was lovely.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin