Thursday 3 December 2009

Glass Ceiling

Its a sad day at Cheltenham Daily Photo (or a thank-God-for-that day, depending on your point of view!) as I'm going to say this is my last post on the refurbishment of Cheltenham's Regent Arcade. As regular visitors will know, I have posted quite often (too much, some say) on the ongoing transformation of the shopping centre. The main area of change has been the roof, which has been completely replaced. The once arched 80's ceiling is now a modern slopped glass one, and I must say it does look quite good. If you click 'Regent Arcade' in the labels below you can see the progress that brought about the new look. Go on. You know you want to!

And to see the roof before click here. Its quite a difference.

7 comments:

Virginia said...

Well that was worth waiting for. I love the glass ceiling and the way you captured it Marl. Whoohooo!
V

Pat said...

Well, ring out the old and welcome in the new, so they say. This looks good, though I imagine I'd be sorry to see the old one go.

Gerald (SK14) said...

An interesting series.

PS You are right that £-stretcher moving into the old Woolies is a relocation for them rather than a new store.

Hilda said...

I hate to say it, but I really like the old arched ceiling much better! Ah well.

Anonymous said...

So, it's finished? I liked seeing the transformation & you always photographed it very well w/ cool angles & such! This is your blog & you can do whatever you want - Don't listen to those others! heheheeee

Babzy.B said...

Nice view !

Tash said...

No more ceiling bashing or breaking the glass ceiling? I'm so glad you like the outcome - it does have nice clean lines and must let lots of light in. Well done on documenting the progress and bringing us along.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin