Tuesday 8 December 2009

Curry Corner

The answer to Saturdays puzzle is Curry Corner. And the TV program that the Indian restaurant featured on is F Word, Gordon Ramsey's Channel 4 food show. Each week the best restaurants in different categories go head to head to be crowd Britain's Best Independent Restaurant, unfortunately Curry Corner just missed out on a place in the final, to be broadcast in a few weeks time. But still good on them for beating so many other great Indian eateries.

And the winner of the Cheltenham postcard? Bob The Bolder of Durham Daily Photo. He named the restaurant but not the TV show, but he was still the closest. Congratulations to him.

10 comments:

Tash said...

Good for Bob! And good for you to have such a good restaurant so close by. They need to add the picture of Nelly to their web site. I'm so mad at myself for not picking the obvious - that's the restaurant that comes up 1st when typing in Cheltenham Indian Restaurants on Google maps! I gotta increase my collection of prize-post-cards. ;)

Thanks for the praise, M. I must of been a research librarian in a former life.

VW: cries - LOL!

Tash said...

PS - nice colorful photo today.

Hilda said...

Congratulations to Curry Corner! Even if they didn't win, being featured in a major food show will still be fantastic for their business.

Love their cloth lanterns!

Leif Hagen said...

Cool, colorful, cloth lanterns!

magiceye said...

lovely lampshades!

brian stout said...

the lampshades are cool! i don't watch much tv other than news =S

Pat said...

I love these....light covers? I want one. I am going to India for Christmas/New Year's, so I may just see some!

Mo said...

Have you been? Is it good Indian food?

Bob the Bolder said...

Nobel prize, olympic medal, eponymous Moon crater .... small stuff, who needs 'em?

I've won a Cheltenham postcard — hurray!!

Unknown said...

I never know how to call these indian hanging things, but they all are pretty cool!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin