Thursday 31 December 2009

And Now The End Is Near

Its the last day of the year and its also my penultimate post. Yes, tomorrow is my final post.

I've got a lot on over the next couple of months, so I'm taking a break to concentrate on other things. I'm not sure whether I'll return to Cheltenham Daily Photo. I may start a new photo blog of some sort at some point in the future, but for now I need to stop.

Over the last year on Cheltenham Daily Photo I have achieved posting every single day. It was, at times, a struggle and I think at some points my photography has suffered, but over the last few months I feel I've turned out some good photos. Photos that I am quite proud of. As I've mentioned in the past, the thought of needing a photo for the sake of a post is not always the best inspiration. I am amazed at how Eric (our great leader) and others who post 365 days a year, year in year out, find the creativity to keep on going. Hats off to them. In fact hats off to all of us who keep our blogs going regularly, not necessarily daily, but post a photo most of the time. Its no mean feat.

Tomorrow is Theme Day, time for goodbyes then, but for now enjoy the last day of the year. See it out with a celebration and welcome the new one with open arms.

15 comments:

Virginia said...

Now don't you dare make me cry!! I can't imagine CDP without your delightful sense of humor and terrific photos. I understand the daily grind but pray you'll join us with another blog if need be. We love you Marley. Please keep in touch!
Best,
V

Kate said...

Marley, Thank you for all your photos which you generously shared with us, and also for your faithful visits to so many of your followers. I will miss you. All the best for 2010, and I hope that you will find time to visit us now and then. If you do start another blog, be sure to let me know so I can follow you on that one also.

Leif Hagen said...

Marley! I have enjoyed your CDP blog, your photos and your comments! You will be missed in our network but I wish you the very best in 2010!
A very Happy New Year!

Debbie Courson Smith said...

I've very much enjoyed what you've shared~ hopefully, we'll see you back here, soon. The word for verification for me on this post is...."endingly."

cara said...

TOP BLOGGING! enjoy the sudden and blissful headspace.

Tash said...

Love the photo...The time is 'spinning' to fast.

I'm sooooo sad that you won't be posting any more. I've so enjoyed your photos & esp. the humor in your writings/titles/photos - not many bloggers do that so well. I'll miss you very much. More of goodbyes and see you laters I leave for the 'morrow.

Hilda said...

Virginia already said what I wanted to say. I really, really hope that you will come back to blogging when you are ready again, whether here in Cheltenham DP or elsewhere. I am going to miss you terribly.

Cute clock, by the way. Made me smile though your post made me want to cry.

Hilda said...

Hello again. Just sent you an email then realized it might end up in your spam folder because of the subject so I thought I should tell you here too. :)

Babzy.B said...

I understand what you mean ,thank for all the photos on this daily blog , i wish you a wonderful new year full of new project and sure a new photo blog in a while :)

Rob said...

I wish you and your family a happy and healthy new year. I have enjoyed viewing your part of the world. I'm sorry to hear you're leaving, but understand. I only hope you return either here with Cheltenham Daily Photo, or a new photo-blog.

Bob the Bolder said...

Grrr! - you can't go, just like that! Some of us rely on you to brighten up our day. And it was you that got me into this DP thing, too.
All I can say is thanks and please return soon. Plus of course happy ne year!

Bob the Bolder said...

Ne? - what's ne?
Maybe new would be better.
(see how you've upset me?)

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

I hope you will be back, I have enjoyed your photos. This one is very "striking"!

Three Rivers Daily Photo

Martin (Ashton-under-Lyne) said...

What a pity that you need to take time out - we will miss our daily glimpse of Cheltenham! All the best and hope to see you back some time.

A Happy New year from Ashton under Lyne!

Ashton under Lyne Daily Photo

slim said...

I hear you, Marley . . . it's not easy to post quality photos every day and when it becomes more chore than fun exercise, then it's time to reassess.

I enjoyed seeing Cheltenham through your eyes and your highly evolved sense of humor. Perhaps you will add to your macro blog . . .

I will miss your comments; you are one of my faithful followers. I hope you will still visit QDP as I forge on.

I wish you and yours the very best 2010. Thanks for sharing Cheltenham with us. -Slim

Blog Widget by LinkWithin