Saturday 13 June 2009

Banking On Black And White

I asked yesterday what you wanted to see today and the consensus of opinion was a bank in black and white. I always give you what you want, so here it is! I'm glad that was the choice, as these photos are the result of my first attempt at playing around with the manual settings on my camera. And I took them in black and white. I'm quite pleased with them.

This is Lloyds bank on the High Street.

It has some wonderful architectural details.

To read about the buildings history see my past post.

As I've mentioned several times this week I'm off on holiday next week and I'm handing Cheltenham DP over to you. If you'd like one of your photos to appear here then email me (address in my profile.) You'll get full credit and a link.
_

10 comments:

Ken Mac said...

Great detail! Congrats on the manual setting. I am not up for that..yet....

Kate said...

It's a most unusual bldg for a bank, isn't it? Doesn't look utilitarian, but instead it assumes the look of something historical.

magiceye said...

classic images!

Anonymous said...

Very nice b&w's - I love them!

I just looked up Cheltenham on Google Earth & it's a lot bigger than I thought it was - I don't know why I thought that, though. You're closer to Stonehenge than I thought, too. Ever been there?

Marie said...

Congratulations. I'd be unable to use the manual settings. Great job, Marley.

Hilda said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous building! Perfect in black and white so we can focus on those magnificent details.

Unknown said...

Great b&w shots! Well done!
Lloyds no longer exists here, but its main building was one of the most beautiful at Lisbon downtown.

Mo said...

Lloyds always seem to have such beautiful buildings

Tash said...

Ah, the pillar of strength, the ol' Lloyds! All shots are splendid - for some reason the last one is my favorite. I think it's all the details and the pattern. (I'm so impressed that these were shot on the dreaded 'M' setting.)

sbunting108 said...

great photograph. I have spent most of my life looking at buildings because both my parents design buildings!


Sorry but i wanted to know whether there is any possibility of my photo blog going on your favourite photo blog list. Its not a daily photo blog or a place but I do post to it every week!
Thanks

Blog Widget by LinkWithin