Saturday 16 May 2009

Alien Flower

Self praise is the best form in my book and I'm going to go all out today and congratulate myself on what I think could be my best macro photos yet! Modesty is my middle name! I 'borrowed' this unusual looking flower from a garden I was walking by. I've no idea what it is but it made a fantastic subject.



The winner of the best top tip on Thursday was Jackie from Glasgow DP. Her top tip was - 'Ensure you have a balanced diet. Hold a cake in both hands.' Something I think we can all learn from!
_

9 comments:

Hilda said...

I don't know what it is either, but I agree with you about two things — that it does look alien (but with such sweet colors) and that these are fantastic macros!

Anonymous said...

WoW! It looks tropical, so what it's doing in England, I haven't a clue! And don't worry about pattin yourself on the back, cuz I did it too w/ my last sepia photo!
These really ARE great macros - all of them - I love the delicate purple wisps of petals shootin out all over the flower - It's great!

Rob said...

The colors are tremendous, excellent work. the green, fuchsia, and is that periwinkle?

Jackie said...

They are indeed gorgeous photos Marley, you can be very proud of yourself (but not too proud, you've still got to get your head through the door on Monday morning!). Looking forward to my prize :)

Jane Hards Photography said...

These images are outstanding. I really liked Jackie's tip and couldn't be topped.

Unknown said...

Stunning shots! Love them all!

Pat said...

I think it may be a member of the artichoke family....Google for photo? It also has green 'leaves' similar to a Venus Fly Trap!

Mo said...

Stunning picture. You do these shots so well.

brian stout said...

really nice macros marley!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin