Friday 13 March 2009

Invasion!



As I said yesterday I couldn't take any photos inside Nature In Art but there was no stopping me in the grounds surrounding the building! There were all sorts of different nature-inspired sculptures outside, and over the next few days I'll show you a few of them.

I love this oversized bug made from all sorts of scrap metal. I couldn't see the name of the artist anywhere, and there is no reference on Nature In Art's website, so for now he or she will remain nameless. What I do know is that this is a very creative way to recycle!

I'm away until the middle of next week but post will appear by magic.
_

9 comments:

Jane Hards Photography said...

Woah! I dread to think what sized fly paper you'd need for this. Great intro through the tress then hit us with the close up. If you disappear we shall no why.

Janet said...

I think someone needs to get the bug spray! haha.

Pat said...

Laughed at Babooshka's comment! Or else, imagine the size of the Raid can.

There are a couple of these creatures on US soil in Seattle...and perhaps elsewhere. None here in the Balkans yet.

PJ said...

The frst photo is very convincing. Eeeek! I love the horseshoe mandible.

Anonymous said...

That is very ingenious, and great pictures! Enjoy your break :)

Tanya Breese said...

Yikes, glad he's just made of metal...reminds me of one of those old corny movies "Invasion of the Giant Bugs" lol...
Enjoy your trip :)

Anonymous said...

Can't decide.is it an ant or a fly? Yuk dont like creepy things whatever they are. Hope you are having a fun time where ever you have vanished to. Maybe you can post a postcard.

Sabine Peters - Artwork & Photographie said...

by the way, I like insects not particularly but the art gives the species an interesting aspect :0)
Have a nice time
Greatings from Germany

Neva said...

ick! I am not sure I could stand to take a photo of this! But I'll admit it is pretty unusual!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin