Saturday 7 March 2009

Daffodil

I think its safe to say its officially spring. The trees are in bud, the blossom is flowering, the bulbs are bursting and the flowers are...well...flowering! I don't think anything says spring more so than the humble Daffodil. In Cheltenham the parks, gardens and roadside verges are beginning to wash over with a sea of yellow. Beautiful.

I wander'd lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

By William Wordsworth (1770-1850)

14 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

Happy Spring!!! Beautiful photo Marley, have a great weekend!!

Virginia said...

HELLO SUNSHINE! Marley, this is a wonderful sign of spring. Bravo!
V

Jane Hards Photography said...

No I'm not. Snow this week and not one daff to be found. 'Tis a glorious sign and so sunny.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! That is sooo pretty!

Yes sir, I noticed Justin's shirt - I love happy endings - and I'm hoping that's what's in the future for our situation! Thank you very much for stopping by & seeing my lil Jilly - I'm so happy I got to see her!!! It was definitely A Great Day!

Rob said...

Glad it's spring somewhere! more snow expected here. Thanks for this ray of sunshine.

Nancy said...

Love the yellow! Have a happy weekend.

Tash said...

Hurray for spring esp. when it inspires a vibrant photo like this!
Lovely.

Anonymous said...

How lovely! We've got daffs appearing but the flowers haven't opened yet - but we're always a couple of weeks behind up here, I've noticed.

Hope said...

This is such a welcome sight to see! Thank you!

brian stout said...

brilliant yellow! i'm off to wander as a cloud =)

Pat said...

Ha! I love this photo, but here, as you saw on my photo, there are no flowers or greenery yet.

Daffodils are one of my most loved flowers,and I had to learn this poem as a child.

Binoy Mathew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Binoy Mathew said...

There's no crowd, but only a single flower , like a solitary reaper. But its so beautiful...stunning..

Huzhar said...

Beautiful flower and nice shot!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin