Wednesday 5 November 2008

Fireworks

On Saturday night we went to the Cheltenham Racecourse to watch the Round Table Fireworks display. This annual event raises thousands of pounds for charity. I went armed with my camera but, due to the torrential rain, didn't take my tripod. That was my mistake. I took lots of photos but this is the only one that turned out even half way near decent. It will have to do to highlight the fact that today is Guy Fawkes Day (or bonfire night.) Basically all the fireworks and bonfires are to celebrate the failed attempt of Guy Fawkes to blow up Parliament in 1605.

If you are reading this before 8am GMT check back later. Today I'll be posting twice. I'm hoping that my second post will be celebrating the election of Barack Obama as President of the United States of America. If it has all gone horribly wrong then who knows what I'll post! Tear stained tissues maybe?!
_

6 comments:

Lori said...

What a cool fireworks shot. I almost thought it was icicles at first. The show must have been great!

I'll check back later to read your second post. Hopefully there will be much celebrating!!!!!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Hopefully you are right and like this pic, the future's so bright I gotta wear shades. We have to stay up tonight to watch the campaign- the bbc are after more pics. I too am hoping to post a Obama one too.

Marie said...

I am watching CNN. I think you will rejoice soon :-))))

Janet said...

Illuminating!

Hilda said...

Most Filipinos hope it'll be Obama too. I hope we all have cause for celebration later!

Anonymous said...

I'm off to another round of fireworks tonight. Love this fireworks week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin