Tuesday 11 November 2008

Elegant Fanfare

It always pays to look up. I'm getting better at it but I'm sure I miss out on some great potential photos by only taking shots at eye level. This bugle playing lady is high up on the front of Que Pasa bar. Before that the building was a pub called Toad At The Olde Bank, I guess that name comes from the building once being a bank. I'm not really sure how old the building is, I'm guessing old though! This lady, and her equal on the opposite end, look Art Deco to me. Any ideas?

I really like the shadows and curved lines in this photo. Remember, look up and you could be pleasantly surprised.
_

13 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

Can't hazard a guess about art deco or not, but the shadow really does make this image. Nicely done, Marley!

Kate said...

Looking up also reveals some wonderful architectural features on old buildings. The woman you photographed is svelte and slim!

magiceye said...

very elegantly poised!

Tash said...

jumping cows & prancing ladies - so much action!
This is very nicely sculpted & the shadow makes to photo really interesting. (No idea on the style)

Joan Elizabeth said...

An interesting photo made marvelous by the light and shadow.

Anonymous said...

Love the dancing shadows.

brian stout said...

i like the shadows too! and que pasa? =)

Tanya Breese said...

A great reminder and you've done the bugle playing lady justice!

Christina S said...

That's one firm butt! I don't know if she's art deco, but I suspect she works out quite regularly!

Jane Hards Photography said...

She so delicate dancing with her shadow. I wonder what era she is too?
The softness of those lines doens't seem art deco, but the design somehow is. Intruguing. Well done, elegant shooting.

Rob said...

An elegant play with shadows.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to comment on this one earlier, though I saw it in my feed reader and thought "ooh, I like that". So I'm commenting now to say "ooh, I like that"! I've got some of my best pictures from looking up.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

simply gorgeous and the shadows make it perfection.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin