Tuesday 2 September 2008

Changing View - September

To coincide with the new look Cheltenham Daily Photo, today I'm starting a new monthly photo theme. Basically, on the second day of each month I'm going to show a photo taken from the same position, to record the changes that take place. This is the view of the Municipal Offices on the Promenade. As the months go by hopefully this will turn into something quite interesting, at the moment its just a view of a wet street!

About the new look blog. I hope you all like it. I've wanted to post larger photos for a while, but had no clue how to do it. I set up a test blog and just started playing around with html code. I have absolutely no idea about computers (I didn't even know what html code was until a few months ago!) After many failed attempts I did it. Phoebe will verify that I am no computer whizz, but if I can do it you can do it too!

11 comments:

MJ said...

Hi Marley, it's nice to have a refreshing view.

My browser however can't view the page in full unless I scroll. Guess it's got to do with my browser settings.

Hilda said...

Ooh, nice one! I've always preferred plain backgrounds and I love how the photos are so much bigger — less squinting for poor, near-sighted me. ;)

Stevenson Q said...

Oh marley! That is such a great idea! I'll be looking forward for the coming months!

And the new look of your blog, Looks very clean and neat! Love it!

God Bless you and Mabuhay!

Steven^^

Ken Mac said...

This looks like a shot from Washington DC! The lush trees, the grand building in the background....even the street.

Knoxville Girl said...

Dude! I like the banner, very moderne.
I also like the large format photos. Personally, I think the Promenade is quite interesting now. I be curious tosee it change with the times and seasons.
Good job, Marley.

Chuck Pefley said...

Very nice, Marley. Looking forward to "Progress on Tuesdays".

Anonymous said...

That is a good idea, and your photos are so good they need to be displayed bigger! I like the change!

Anonymous said...

This is a nice post. If you want some help or suggestions on your blog I can offer my ideas. You can look at the two sizes I have. I just changed them today to new styles.

My birds blog is narrow and Dances on Sunshine is wide and you can see the difference in the size of the pictures. And the gutter (the space between the main content and the right sidebar) is considerably more narrow that you have but that is just the way I set mine up.

There are a lot of changes anybody can make to their blogs and most only need a little prodding. You did a great job.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Liking the new look blog. The Cotwolds are the most beautiful place.Excellent idea charteing the progression of something. I'm doing the new swimming baths here for a paid project. It wouldn't surprise me if your local Coucil picked up on your blog. Afterall, unlike me, you really do promote the place. Well done. I'm crap with computers too.

Rob said...

Congrats on you new look. I like it. I have done the same thing about 1 year ago. Create a test blog and ruin it to learn this crazy html code business.

You have a great idea to show the cnahging seasons from a single spot. Perhaps I can join you in this endeavor?

• Eliane • said...

Nicely done. It is a more zen look. Love those trees!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin