Saturday 15 December 2007

Are You Sitting Comfortably?


This seat is something of a mystery to me. It's either the Millennium Seat or the Golden Jubilee Seat. Whichever one it is, its situated in Montpellier Gardens. Actually, the more I look at it the more I'm convinced its the Golden Jubilee one! The Golden Jubilee in question is that of the Queens 50 years on the throne (1952 - 2002). The seat has five sides, each representing a decade of her service to the country. The sloped sides have musical notes weaving their way around and the metal structure in the middle has a dove on a domed top. I'm not sure what that represents, I've looked around online but can't find anything about it. The day I took this photo the winter sun was really highlighting the bird and dome, it was quite dazzling.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Pat

Guelph Daily Photos
Pat's Pics
Photography Cafe

Web-OJ said...

Ouch! That doesn't look too inviting. I'd reserve it for unwanted guests!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin